Our priority is to protect customers’ interests, which we do through the promotion of effectively functioning markets and networks.
We do this by removing barriers, for example by ensuring there is greater transparency of information to all parties including customers.
When necessary, we use our powers to monitor and address any behaviour or practices which may have an adverse effect on the way that markets and networks function.
The Electricity Distribution Networks section contains information on the following areas of our work:
- The GB Electricity Distribution Networks – an overview of how the GB distribution network operates
- Connections and competition – information on competition within the networks and on Independent Distribution Network Operators
- Network price controls –the RIIO-ED1 price control, historical price control reviews and information on quality of service issues
- Charging arrangements – including modifications to charging methodologies
- Losses Incentive Mechanism - Ofgem introduced a losses incentive mechanism to encourage distribution network areas to manage an efficient level of losses
- Network innovation – information on the Network Innovation Competition, the Network Innovation Allowance and multiple projects supported by the Low Carbon Networks Fund
- Forums, seminars and working groups relating to gas wholesale market issues.