The Energy Company Obligation is a government energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, administered by Ofgem. Our guidance documents provide information on the legislative requirements of the ECO2 Order and our administrative processes.
An extension to the obligation period for ECO2 was established under The Electricity and Gas (Energy Company Obligation) (Amendment) Order 2017. The extension to the obligation period runs from 1 April 2017 to 30 September 2018 and is referred to as ECO2t.
This document provides guidance on how we will administer the ECO scheme in line with the new ECO2t requirements for measures installed from 1 April 2017.
For measures installed before 1 April, please refer to our ECO2 guidance Delivery and Administration, Versions 1.1.
We have split the ECO2t Guidance into two parts.
1. ECO2t Guidance: Administration, and
2. ECO2t Guidance: Delivery.
The delivery guidance is aimed at suppliers and the broader supply chain, describing how to deliver measures that are eligible to contribute towards the ECO targets. The delivery guidance addresses the following:
- how a supplier achieves its obligations
- which measures are eligible under ECO and the criteria that must be met
- specific requirements relating to each obligation (CERO and HHCRO)
- how to determine ECO savings, including information on deemed scores and SAP/RdSAP
- how measures are notified and the information we require
- the technical and score monitoring requirements that suppliers must meet
- the auditing and fraud processes that suppliers will be subject to, and
- supporting information contained in appendices.
The table below lists the current and previous versions of the ECO2 Guidance: Delivery and the dates they came into effect. Where the reissuing of this guidance document is to incorporate or align with documents that have already been published, the original date of effect of those documents is unaffected.
Document date of effect
Energy Company Obligation 2017-18 (ECO2t) Guidance: Delivery (Version 1.0)
|1 April 2017
Energy Company Obligation 2015-17 (ECO2) Guidance: Delivery (Version 1.1)
|1 December 2015
|Energy Company Obligation 2015-17 (ECO2) Guidance: Delivery (Version 1.0)
|1 April 2015
Document updated December 2017
Version 1.1 of this guidance includes corrections and updates to the previous version. Details of changes can be found in the summary of updates to guidance document which can be found below.