- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive essential guide for applicants
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive essential guide to metering
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Essential Guide for Installers
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Applicants
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme Regulations 2014
- The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive – Government response to consultation
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (Domestic RHI)
Today we have published draft guidance for comment, as part of the closure of the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (DRHI) scheme.
This call for input follows the Government’s announcement in March 2020 that the Domestic RHI scheme will close to new accreditation and registration applications at midnight at the end of 31 March 2022. We are therefore seeking stakeholder views on draft guidance detailing our proposed administration following closure, and planned changes to the scheme for new and current applicants.
We have taken this opportunity to consolidate existing guidance in two documents, which have been updated following the government’s decisions set out within its Government Response. The guidance documents are:
We have published this document on a draft-for-comment basis to seek views on the clarity and format of this document. On that basis, we would welcome your views on the following questions:
- The overall tone of the guidance - is the draft guidance easy to read and understand? Are there any sections which could be better explained?
- Is the draft guidance clear and easy to use?
- Are there any sections of the draft guidance which are ambiguous?
The guidance is a working draft based the decisions communicated by government in its Government Response. It is our understanding that the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) intends to enact these changes via amended legislation due to be laid in Parliament in February 2022.
Once we have considered all responses, we will publish a brief decision, make any changes to the draft guidance, and issue any other relevant accompanying documents.
More information about the scheme and current guidance can be found by clicking on this link Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (Domestic RHI).