Here you can view all company business plans, guidance and reporting as they are produced for the electricity distribution network price control starting 2023 (RIIO-ED2).
Business plans are not yet due to publish. Please view the price review timeline for details of the price review schedule.
For information on our enhanced stakeholder engagement, see our RIIO policy challenge groups section.
For investor updates, see our Investor Relations section
RIIO-ED2 price review timeline
- Summer to autumn (Q4) 2019: RIIO-ED2 framework consultation and decision. This stage encompassed a review of the overall RIIO electricity distribution framework so far and assessed if we needed to make any changes.
- Summer to autumn (Q2/3) 2020: RIIO-ED2 sector-specific methodology consultation. This stage will encompass setting the price control methodology.
- Winter 2020 (Q4) 2020: We will publish a decision on our methodology consultation and provide templates for network companies to prepare their business plan data.
- Spring/Summer (Q2) 2021: We will ask network companies to submit their initial proposed business plans to us and the independent RIIO-2 challenge group. The aim of these independent groups is to ensure consumers have a stronger voice in challenging each network company on how their needs and views are accounted for in the plans.
- Winter (Q4) 2021: We will ask network companies to submit their final proposed business plans to us and the independent RIIO-2 challenge group.
- Winter (Q1) 2022: We will run open hearings on the business plans. The hearings are intended to assist our review of companies’ business plan proposals in an open and transparent way supported by stakeholder input.
- Summer (Q2) 2022: We will publish our draft determinations on the price control allowances and will consult on our proposals.
- Winter (Q4) 2022: We will publish our final determinations on the price control allowances. We will also run a statutory consultation on the RIIO-ED2 licence.
- Winter (Q4) 2022: We will publish a decision on our statutory consultation on the RIIO-ED2 licence. We expect to do this by February 2023.
- 1 April 2023: Price control effective.
Dates are indicative and subject to review.