Ofgem regulates the prices of companies that run the gas and electricity networks in Great Britain.
Here you can view all policy publications, information and consultations relating to the electricity distribution network price controls starting 2023 and running until 2028 (RIIO-ED2).
Select an area to view:
- Company business plans, guidance and reporting (RIIO-ED2)
- Consultations and decisions (RIIO-ED2)
- Events and working groups (RIIO-ED2)
- RIIO policy challenge groups
For investor updates, see our Investor Relations section.
RIIO-ED2 price review timeline
- Summer to autumn (Q4) 2019: RIIO-ED2 framework consultation and decision. This stage encompassed a review of the overall RIIO electricity distribution framework so far and assessed if we needed to make any changes.
- Summer to autumn (Q2/3) 2020: RIIO-ED2 sector-specific methodology consultation. This stage will encompass setting the price control methodology.
- Winter 2020 (Q4) 2020: We will publish a decision on our methodology consultation and provide templates for network companies to prepare their business plan data.
- Spring/Summer (Q2) 2021: We will ask network companies to submit their initial proposed business plans to us and the independent RIIO-2 policy challenge group. The aim of these independent groups is to ensure consumers have a stronger voice in challenging each network company on how their needs and views are accounted for in the plans.
- Winter (Q4) 2021: We will ask network companies to submit their final proposed business plans to us and the independent RIIO-2 challenge group.
- Winter (Q1) 2022: We will run open hearings on the business plans. The hearings are intended to assist our review of companies’ business plan proposals in an open and transparent way supported by stakeholder input.
- Summer (Q2) 2022: We will publish our draft determinations on the price control allowances and will consult on our proposals.
- Winter (Q4) 2022: We will publish our final determinations on the price control allowances. We will also run a statutory consultation on the RIIO-ED2 licence.
- Winter (Q4) 2022: We will publish a decision on our statutory consultation on the RIIO-ED2 licence. We expect to do this by February 2023.
- 1 April 2023: Price control effective.
Dates are indicative and subject to review.