- Publication date
- 3rd October 2014
- Information types
- Policy areas
On 25 June 2014, we hosted an event for smaller gas and electricity suppliers with the aim of promoting compliance and understanding of regulatory requirements.
It also provided a forum for suppliers to put their questions to us alongside representatives from industry bodies such as the Energy Ombudsman and Citizens Advice.
Topics and presentations
- Achieving and maintaining compliance
- Complaints handling standards & obligations
- An overview of regulatory requirements
- The role of Citizens Advice
- The role of Ombudsman Services
- Looking forward – future developments
- Retail Market Review (RMR) and compliance
- Derogations in the context of RMR
- Smart meter rollout
We additionally hosted a group discussion on our future engagement with small suppliers. The feedback we received will be used to inform our future approach. Presentations and outputs from the workshop can be found in the publications list below.
Below you can download the presentations we gave alongside a summary of our workshop on future engagement with smaller suppliers.
For further information please email Jennifer Todd, Compliance Project Co-ordinator.