- Publication date
- 8th August 2014
- Information type
- Policy area
We are responsible for setting an example in achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and actively pursue continuous environmental improvement as an integral and fundamental part of our strategy and operations.
It is also our priority to encourage our peers and suppliers to do the same. Not only is this sound business sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
To achieve this we:
- comply and, where possible, exceed applicable legal and other environmental requirements relevant to the organisation
- set and review objectives and targets regularly through the environmental management plan
- minimise waste by introducing techniques to reduce, reuse and recycle materials wherever possible
- minimise energy and water usage in our buildings in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- minimise business travel as much as practicable
- demonstrate commitment to the continuous review and improvement of environmental performance and work to prevent pollution in the management of our estate
- purchase products and services from sustainably managed sources, where possible, and encourage others to do the same
- communicate policy to everyone working for or on behalf of us and ensure it is made available to the public and other interested third parties
- address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly
- update our Environmental Management System annually in consultation with staff, associates and suppliers.
You can view our policy in full below. To view the data we produce on our environmental impact, please see our public reports.