- Publication date
- 29th August 2019
- Information types
- Policy areas
You may experience difficulty viewing this infographic in Internet Explorer. We recommend using Google Chrome to view infographics on the Ofgem website.
Behind the numbers
You can find fuller historical data and information on the UK's electricity generation mix, environmental programmes and offshore transmission via the following links:
- Warm Home Discount
- Energy Companies Obligation public reports
- Feed-in Tariff public reports
- Non-Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive public reports
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive public reports
- Offshore transmission
- Independent evaluation: Offshore Transmission Tender Round One
Competitive tender process
Offshore transmission licences are granted to companies to operate the pipes, cables and other assets that transport energy generated offshore to Britain's mainland.
Licences are granted through a competitive tender process which we manage. In doing so, we make sure that generators are partnered with the most efficient and competitive players in the market. This should result in lower costs and higher standards of service for power generators and, ultimately, consumers.