- Publication date
- 13th February 2015
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Countrywide Farmers Plc. (company registration number 03776711), having its registered office at Countrywide House, Asparagus Way, Vale Park, Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 1GN, United Kingdom, is the holder of a Gas Supply Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under section 7A(1)(a) of the Gas Act 1986 (“the Act”).
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days’ notice to Countrywide Farmers Plc. where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 21 January 2015, Countrywide Farmers Plc. requested revocation of the Licence because the Licence is no longer required.
5. The Authority is satisfied that any arrangements required to be made under 7A(9) of the Act have been made if applicable.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 15 March 2015 the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
7. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 21 January 2015. The Authority agrees that the revocation shall take place.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity
Markets Authority here
affixed is authenticated by –
Authorised in that
behalf by the Authority