- Publication date
- 27th February 2019
- Information type
- Policy area
We are currently reviewing our approach to supplier licensing. As part of this work we are undertaking an exercise to identify supply licensees that have either ceased supply or have not commenced supply within the period specified in their licence. Please refer to our recent consultation for further information on our review.
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Barbican Power Limited, (company registration number 08474516), having its registered office at 4 Crompton Drive, Winwick, Warrington, WA2 8XQ is the holder of a Gas Supply Licence (the “Licence”) granted or treated as granted under section 7A(1)(a) of the Gas Act 1986 (the “Act”).
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. Paragraph 1(e) of Schedule 2 of the Licence provides that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the “Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving no less than 30 days’ notice to Barbican Power Limited where it has not commenced the licensable activity within 1 year after the date on which the Licence comes into force or has ceased to supply gas to all customers.
4. The licensee has not commenced the supply of gas to any premises within 1 year of the Licence coming into force.
Reasons for Decision
5. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(e)(i) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee has not within 1 year after the date of the Licence grant commenced the supply of gas to any premises within the specified area in Schedule 1.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, the Licence will be revoked with effect from 26 February 2019.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority here affixed is authenticated by -
Authorised in that behalf by the Authority