Through our E-Serve division, we support the delivery of government consumer and environmental programmes and manage the regulatory regime for offshore electricity transmission networks.
We implement, administer and ensure compliance for these programmes which are vital to meeting the UK’s challenging environmental sustainability targets.
Most recently we have worked with government on developing and delivering its new Energy Companies Obligation, helping ensure it is well designed and allows for efficient and robust delivery. Next year we will continue to build public and industry confidence, including through our management of the risks of fraud and cyber crime.
Internally, we will strive for operational excellence through our programme of process improvements.
Key projects planned for 2013-14 include:
- regulating offshore transmission, including running competitive tender processes for the right to own and operate the transmission links connecting offshore wind farms to Britain’s market
- developing and administering the Renewable Heat Incentive efficiently and providing robust systems
- managing the transition from the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target and the Community Energy Saving Programmes to the Energy Companies Obligation
- administering the Warm Home Discount, Renewable Obligation and Feed In Tariff schemes efficiently, ensuring that we respond to applicants in a timely way
- updating our systems in line with the government’s changes to these schemes.