In this section you can find out about our process for reviews and complaints for the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). There are important differences between the two:
- Domestic RHI reviews are for when you disagree with a decision we’ve made that affects you (for example rejecting an application)
- Domestic RHI complaints are for when you’re unhappy about the service we’ve provided
- Other complaints are for when you’re unhappy with the service your installer or contractor has provided, or with the scheme policy.
Our commitment to you
We’re dedicated to providing great customer service. We take every complaint or request for review seriously and will:
- acknowledge in writing each formal complaint or request for review and assign a reference number
- act impartially to ensure a fair outcome
- take reasonable and appropriate steps to investigate your issue fully
- keep you updated of our progress
- inform you of the outcome, provide reasons for that outcome, and explain your next steps if you are not happy with the conclusion.
If we’ve made any decision for the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) that you think is incorrect (eg, rejecting your application, revoking a previously approved application, imposing a sanction) you can request a review.
Process for requesting a review
1. Contact us first
You can ask for a reassessment by contacting our Applicant Support Centre. We can’t guarantee to reverse our decision but will carry out checks and discuss any changes you may be able to make to change the outcome.
2. Request a review
If our decision is unchanged, you can request that we formally review it. Complete our 'Request Form' in the Publications and Updates section below and send it to us within 28 days of receiving our decision. Contact details are on the form. In it you must specify:
- the decision you wish to be reviewed
- the grounds on which you’re making the application for review.
We will respond within 21 days of completing the review.
3. If the decision is unchanged
You could start a formal judicial review.
Right of Review: unhappy with a decision we've made?
|Reassessment request||Formal review stage 1||Formal review stage 2|
Let us try and resolve your issue here and now.
You lodge a request for review in writing. Use our review request form below.
We'll try to resolve as soon as possible.