Ofgem has appointed E.ON Next to take on supplying ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy’s combined total of approximately 233,000 domestic customers. This follows a competitive process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for customers.
Funds that current and former domestic customers of ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy have paid into their accounts will be protected, where they are in credit. Domestic customers will also be protected by the energy price cap with their new supplier.
For existing ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy customers, energy supplies will continue as normal after they were switched over to E.ON Next on 3 October 2021.
Customers of all three suppliers will be contacted over the coming days about the changes. If customers wish to switch supplier, they can shop around but are advised to wait until the transfer has been completed. Customers will not be charged exit fees if they decide to switch to another supplier.
Neil Lawrence, Ofgem’s director of retail, said:
“I am pleased to announce we have appointed E.ON Next for the customers of ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy. We understand that this news may be unsettling for customers, however they do not need to worry. Their energy supply will continue as normal, and customer credit balances will be honoured.
“Your energy supply will not be interrupted. E.ON Next will be in contact with customers over the coming days with further information. Once the transfer has been completed, customers can shop around for a better deal if they wish to.”
Further information can be found on E.ON Next’s website:
- For ENSTROGA customers, visit eonnext.com/enstroga to find out more
- For Igloo Energy Supply Limited customers, visit eonnext.com/igloo-energy to find out more
- For Symbio Energy customers, visit eonnext.com/symbio-energy to find out more
In an emergency situation:
- If you have a power cut, please contact 105 to be put through to your local power distributor.
- If you think you can smell gas or have a gas leak, please contact the 24-hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
- Visit the E.ON Next website for information on what to do in an emergency.
Notes to editors
- ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy customers are being supplied by E.ON Next as of 3 October 2021. Accounts will be fully set up in due course. E.ON Next will be in touch with customers in the coming days.
- Any questions ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy customers have should be directed to eonnext.com/enstroga for ENSTROGA customers, eonnext.com/igloo-energy for Igloo Energy Supply Limited customers and to eonnext.com/symbio-energy for Symbio Energy customers
- Funds that current and former domestic customers of ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy have paid into their accounts will be protected, where they are in credit.
- Ofgem sets the level of the price cap, which protects customers on default as well as deemed tariffs, twice per year based on the latest estimated costs of supplying energy.
- Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to Igloo Energy Supply Limited or Symbio Energy should wait to hear from E.ON Next or their outgoing supplier’s administrators. Current and former customers who owed money or are in debt to ENSTROGA should continue to pay ENSTROGA.”
- E.ON Next will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set up their account.
- Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website, facebook and twitter feed, @ofgem. Alternatively, if they need extra help, in England and Wales they can contact Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 or email them via webform, in Scotland they can contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 196 8660 or use their online webchat.
- E.ON Next will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set up their account. Customers are advised not to cancel their direct debits as their new supplier will aim to transfer these.
- More information for ENSTROGA, Igloo Energy Supply Limited and Symbio Energy customers can be found on the Ofgem website.
General enquiries (non-media)
If you are an energy customer looking for help and advice, including complaints about energy firms, please see our Household gas and electricity guide. Citizens Advice also provide a free, impartial helpline service across a range of issues on 0808 223 1133.
We also regularly share news and post general advice to help consumers get the most out of their energy services via our @Ofgem twitter and Facebook pages. If you have an enquiry or complaint relating to Ofgem’s policies or functions, contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7901 7295.
For all other non-media related enquiries, please visit our Contact us page.
Ofgem is Britain’s independent energy regulator. Our role is to protect consumers now and in the future by working to deliver a greener, fairer energy system. We do this by:
- Working with Government, industry and consumer groups to deliver a net zero economy at the lowest cost to consumers.
- Stamping out sharp and bad practice, ensuring fair treatment for all consumers, especially the vulnerable.
- Enabling competition and innovation, which drives down prices and results in new products and services for consumers.
For energy insights and updates straight to your inbox from Ofgem, please subscribe.