The Sustainable Development Advisory Group (SDAG) is an independent panel of experts that helps to guide us on environmental and consumer issues. The group is made up of policy experts from Government, industry and interest groups who advise us on our priorities for our work as it relates to sustainable development.
The scope of the Group covers all sustainable development aspects of our work, consistent with our statutory responsibilities. Members of the Group participate as individuals and not as representatives of organisations.
Prior to 2011 we used separate groups - the Environmental Advisory Group and the Social Action Strategy Review Group - to advise us on environmental and social policy. The Sustainable Development Advisory Group brings these two functions together.
Membership as of December 2011:
- Chaired by Lord Mogg – GEMA
- Sarah Harrison – Ofgem / GEMA
- David Harker – GEMA
- David Sigsworth – SEPA
- Colin Imrie – Scottish Government
- Nick Folland – Kingfisher
- Jenny Saunders – National Energy Action
- Ravi Gurumurthy – DECC
- Tony Grayling – Environment Agency
- Derek Lickorish – Fuel Poverty Advisory Group
- Audrey Gallacher – Consumer Focus
- Jeremy Nicholson – EEF
- Phil Jones – Northern Powergrid
- Juliet Davenport – Good Energy
- Ian Marchant – SSE
- Doug Parr – Greenpeace
- Gaynor Hartnell – Renewable Energy Association
- Nick Eyre – Oxford University
- Paul Ekins – UCL Energy Institute
- Matthew Quinn - Welsh Government
For further information on this Group, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.